Monday, May 26, 2008

When your words don’t count…..

“Why don’t you believe me?” he asked angrily, still trying to keep his head.

To my surprise nobody even noticed that question but I heard somebody murmuring, how his opinion counts. It was enough for me to retrospect myself, which lately I have observed doing myself number of times. I thought to myself, if this happens to me?

How does one feel when nobody cares about his views? In first place what makes people neglect somebody’s stand point. What are the criteria that we apply to judge some ones philosophy?

We for the sake of proving our authority start making somebody inferior in our view point. We pass comments on that person trying to impress the whole world with our smartness at the cost of his patience. Are we really proving our smartness? Are we not making our false image? What about the poor fellow whom we are playing with.

It seems to be endless series of question??

Wait, but the other day when I came across such an incidence I looked at the so called “victim” and to my surprise he was calm and smiling at those comments. I thought to myself, is he not having self dignity? How can he listen to this? After a while I started feeling shameful about his condition. I just gazed at his eyes and I got all the answers I was looking for.

We were not making fool of him; we were making fool of ourselves. He could have easily replied any of our comments but he never, because he knew the value of his words and he never wanted to waste them on fools like us. His pride was not getting hurt.

When we will understand value of our words, which we use so easily and meaninglessly?

No comments: