WTF? Seriously WTF? Where is this shit coming from? You can not pop up one day all of sudden and ask me stupid questions like that..
I fired the text at one of my friends. Sid called couple of seconds later, listening to my furious voice mail, I had left for him before shooting the text to my other friend.. I narrated him the incidence still fuming with anger...
One of my friend (lets call her 'M'), text me earlier that evening asking how I was doing.. and I had replied almost about an hour later as I was busy that time with something, saying I am doing good and asked her the same. What I received next was something unexpected.
I am ok.. Do you have any problem with me? Do you want to avoid me and not talk to me anymore? Please give me an honest answer.. her text read those lines.
What followed later was my response unexpected to many who know me.
Couple of beers after, that evening, ND called me and tried to give me some background on things. Apparently M is frustrated with her advisor running out of funding, and asking her to leave with MS instead of PhD, and has recently met with scary accident when their car was totaled, leaving them with minor injuries.
Here is the enigma. Did I do the right thing? According to ND, I should have been less rude or more political in my response to avoid losing a friend. Not knowing the background in each other's life for long period of time, is it wise to call someone a friend who remembers you only when they are down or left alone by their other best pals?
This whole so called friendship thing, is it even real? Have I turned into an egomaniac? Loud music, careless attitude, not reading between the lines, wanting to free the soul, hating most of the artificial people around, not trying to please everyone, disturbed by the imperfect and at times idle system, what are these signs of?
Which way the tornado will turn?
P.S.: Compilation of this post should not be reflected as the state of repenting the act.
No comments:
Post a Comment