![]() |
| WORLD CHAMPIONS!! (photo courtesy ESPNcricinfo) |
Every proud Indian is an expert today to feel up the web space on glorious Indian triumph in Cricket Word Cup 2011. Words are falling short to describe the emotions! The moment captain cool Dhoni hit the winning stroke.. billions of roars filled the sky!! We did it! did it in style! Saying in Siddhuism stroked my mind.. "courage is a conquest of fear" Each and every Indian, no matter where they were in the universe, he or she just wanted to store those moments in their minds, for they are going to be most cherished moments of life. I am sure for years from now, we wont get tired describing the scene again and again and yet again.. to our friends, kids, grand kids.. Most brave men on the field couldn't control their emotions so did we. After are all, history was created in front of our eyes. The site of Wankhede stadium glowing with fireworks, made me miss Mumbai like never before. For the records I officially accept today "I repent being in USA"... You really need to be destiny's child to experience the streets overflowing with the joy. Country of such a diversity, united by one sport! One mission! One goal! and today was the dream come true! Cricket analyst Navjot Singh Siddhu's comments were the most apt for the evening. For a country fighting against terrorism, corruption, and god knows how many more challenges; this was the moment of trust! Men in blue have given the belief to the simplest of the simple common man that we are the champions in the world! We are the number one in the world!!
I would like to take this argument little further by adding, this was much more than just cricket! As such this world cup was one of the best ever played in the history of cricket. It had many salient features as, the end of the cricketing empire for Australia, cricket diplomacy between India and Pakistan, few of the biggest upsets in the game for Ireland, Bangladesh, and many more. It has produced the achievers and more important it has created believers.
Finally I would like to close this post with the email I received from my friend in South Mumbai (Yes, the same friend or Bombay Beauty, BB, mentioned several posts before, on Maximum City). She literally stays stone throw away from the stadium where this historic moments were created!
(I have used word-to-word from her email, as I didn't want to take away the magic from those moments)
Let me tell you in short what happened around me. I m not making you jealous, but [since] the moment Dhoni stroked a six, the noise of crackers didn't stop till late night. People were shouting India India..!!! and the crackers had surrounded from the Wankhede stadium till the Arabian sea. The marine drive had lighted up..!!! a huge traffic jam at night but a proud smile on everyone's face of being an Indian..!! Truly I wish u were here, you would have seriously cried...!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment