Saturday, June 21, 2008

Farewell speech at Aakanksha 2007


I thank Akshat for preserving the piece of paper on which I had written so called farewell speech during our last year Aakanksha ...and then putting it on his blog... I am posting it here on my own blog now..with taking full rights of making slight modifications to make it presentable....

UD days

UD has proved to be the turning point of my life.

Many of my friends now say, “Today we are, what we were yesterday…there has been no change in us over the past four years”.

I think its not true in my case. I am better than what I was yesterday. Most importantly UD has given me an identity, and a goal to achieve in my life. Taking that dream in my eyes I will fly towards my destination tomorrow.

Soon we will not be here anymore; however, memories of this place will never ever part from me.

How will I forger Sir’s (Prof. K. G. Akamanchi) inspirational words and the confidence he has shown in me and on my capabilities (when others have doubted)

How will I forget those discussions running late through the evening?

How will I forget sir saying, “This is where a technologist is different than anyone else”

Thank you sir!!!…… Thank you for being truly my sir!!!

I have come across almost all kind of people here.

“People…. who are never good to me...who hate me”

“People…..who are an integral part of my life, and without whom life will be miserable”

I have seen people who always wanted to be very straight & professional in their relationship and also seen people who made me believe that I was one of their good friends but hurt me the most when they ultimately cheated me…

The list goes on......

I will really miss all those days in the hostel……reading room….. canteen …….studying 2-3 days before the exams ….. doing time pass with my friends….

How will I forget walking on lonely roads…… late night towards restaurants with Siddhesh and Shridhar……. And all that lukkhagiri we used to do ………….

I will never forget going bare feet to Siddhivinayak after getting acceptance from SUNY…

……


The one and only good thing which ceutics lab did to me was to develop my hobby of photography. We used to have loads of fun in the lab and I always used to capture those light and the rare moments in my cam.

Sneh, me, Joshi, Anagha, Yogita & Bala….

We always performed the experiments in perfect harmony.

We used to put one batch instead of three.

(I hope that Devarajan Ma’m and Patravale Ma’m won’t get angry after listening to this)

But ma’m we really came together as batch mates during those days.


Thank you Patravale ma’m for being a mother figure to us…


How will I forget the canteen which I and Siddhesh attended more than lectures?

Specially, in final year & that too in final semester will now only be a memory.

I will take a full stop here.

I salute my alma mater for making me what I am today.

Abhijit Jadhav


No comments: