“I think it’s of no use going there as I don’t see any advantage in it”……………
One of my good friends here in Albany remarked this on some event… I was not surprised. I have got used to such remarks…. In fact they have distanced me more and more from many of my friends. So one more in that row… Do we always look for our benefit in any relation? If somebody is useful in someway; he is my friend and the strength of relation is directly proportional to the use…
This is ridiculous….. Do you remember your old school friend who used to get your favorite food in his lunch box? Do you remember your college friends who walked with you on empty streets at very odd hours…..just to sooth your broken heart? Do you remember those zero interest money borrowings from friends….. sometimes to pay mess bill or sometimes to pay for your date?
What benefit they were looking for?
How many such thing you remember now? Where have this people gone? Is professionalism in relation, next thing to achieve?
Tell me if you know the answers…
4 comments:
hmmmmmmmmm.........ha ha .......i know what it is.......there is this trying to getting used to this type of comments period ....then there is this trying that concept out period (because of the thought that how can so many people be wrong as many are like that ) ....... and there is this what heck, to hell with these kind of people period ....... and finally when u are in peace they are nothing but a group of "funny/silly people" period....... i guess the cycle ends there. i was there a couple of years back where u are now .....
I believe all those people are still there..just that they may not necessarily have the same way to go as u do.. All one can do then is cherish those little memories we have had with them...n i'm sure they do too...
I can understand what you are talking about, and I too have been in the same situation. But its not only the selflessness that friends have that needs to be admired(which every good friend has), but one should also understand a friends expectations from "you" in your case and "me" in my case. From my experience all I could say is I expected very little from my friends and they expected a lot without even deserving it.
And this makes a huge difference many a times.
Post a Comment