rain on shine,
snow or no...
defense will go... on....
-GR
Sunday morning........ proposal defense ahead on Monday ... I get this message from my concerned friend. I feel better, but as always the "master mind" seems to have some different plans.
It all started on Friday when
Here is the "master mind" saying... wait buddy its not that simple...
"my boss never replied my email!!!!!"
It has never happened before that, I email her and not get reply in maximum one hour. I waited for whole Saturday. Through out morning, afternoon and evening I was stuck to my computer. Refreshing my email in every five minutes (Seems crazy right?? put your leg in my shoe and you will know it).
I thought to myself....what is it that worst possible can happen? I will be little less prepared for questions? My committee members will not come???? What’s wrong with my boss??
I woke up Sunday morning, with a hot cup of tea, I got my most awaited email reply. My boss saying, "I have been and still am ill and have very uncomfortable sore throat and it is difficult and painful to speak. We have to practice your talk, but snow.........................."
Snow ...snow... snow....
My boss called me, with her sore throat, difficult to speak voice.. (THIS IS NOT SARCASM!!!!)
"First thing send email to all committee members asking if its fine with them to reschedule it and then we will go from there........................"
I was silent for long time after keeping the phone.
Rescheduling???? are you serious??? I have waited for this day...through out the semester, with everyone criticizing my decision to give it so early (as mentioned in earlier post most of them were jealous), through painstaking course work, through "not ready to learn" undergraduate teaching (no offense meant to you serious undergraduate friends..:)), through "no results" research.... and above all flight already booked for India on January 25.
Is this what is called as "by hook or crook" attitude or it’s just a test of patience?
Now I am waiting for further signal from my committee members, my boss...and from supreme boss....
Show will go on... but only if the master mind, the creator, the almighty decides....
Pray for me folks..
2 comments:
Oh, snow. It's pretty good at destroying all sorts of plans. I'm sure it's frustrating, but stay strong...it'll work out in the end. :)
Thank you Carolyn... I really need prayers now...
Post a Comment