I wrote this post on March 22, 2009 but few of my concerned friends told me to delete it for time being for safety reasons. So. Now I am putting it after about couple of months! Be safe!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday night, 12.30 AM.
We decided to go for a drive around the Albany. Me, N and L went out of town, drove for about 40 miles, took a coffee at one of the service stations, and decided to come back. We got lost on the way, reached altogether a different town, took a different route, and eventually came back on track.
Now here we are, in Albany, after a drive of about 120 miles (Just for a coffee!!!!!). L and N decided to drop me first at my apartment. We took a turn near my apartment and I saw a guy standing there. I was amazed to see him there at 4.00 AM. I laughed and expressed L, "why is he standing there?...to rob me???" We slowed down near my apartment, I was about to get down from the car...when N told me stay back... all this time N was looking back and saw that guy signaling with his mobile to some one, and accelerating his walk towards us. We felt the sense of emergency. Me and L saw back, just to see him adjusting his hand near his shirt as if to take out some hidden weapon. We drove out again, and reached some other friend's place, where N's car was parked. L advised me not go home and stay with N for tht night. We came out of his car and got into N's car. We took a turn and decided to take one more quick round near my apartment. We saw that guy was back to his original position. Ready to hunt his new target. We drove fast from there, went immediately to APD, informed them of the situation. Meanwhile L had called APD too and informed the same incidence. Both we and L reached our apartments safe. Latter we learned from L that the guy was arrested and several other incidences of robbery were reported in that area.
I don't know if it was luck or presence of mind, but I got saved. Had N not noticed the signal and I left the car? I could have been a easy target for him on a lonely street and exactly in front of my apartment. All this week I was getting this bad intuition that I will get robbed. I was leaving my laptop and all other valuable stuff in lab itself, while coming back late after midnight.
Somebody let this sick people know that threatened mind cannot do research.. tell them how much safe I was in Mumbai.. How much vigilant Mumbai police was.. ..
Life continues. I will be more cautious next time.
How many times I will get saved though??
No comments:
Post a Comment