Thursday, May 14, 2009

Newspaper and three sections!


If you think this world is one newspaper, then different people represent different sections of it!
Even though there are many sections I always broadly categorize people in three main sections!

First type are those who always want to be in headlines and want to be on the front page. Some of them really make impact and are worth being on front page.

Second ones, I call as editorial types. They think about the world in quite different way. What is important is, they "think before they write" ! Though they dictate what should be written in newspaper, they themselves stay away from fame.

Third one is very popular and modern section. I call it a "page three" section. They live in a rarefied world!

There is a strong correlation between all three types of people. 'Page three' can appear on 'front page' and vice versa. However, rarely 'editorial' type appears in rest two.

World may be crazy about 'Front Pagers' and 'Page Three', but editorial always has its own special position!

"Page three" is of supplement pages.. but editorial is in the main paper.

No one buys newspaper for supplements!

2 comments:

Katha Collage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katha Collage said...

I really dont know the context in which you wrote this post or for that matter whom you thought of while writing..but I must say, it was a really good analogy that you struck!! I always knew of the 'Headlines' makers and 'Page 3' types but the editorial kind never struck me..rightfully though..they are the ones who never strive to be noticed..coz they dont need any of the glitterati that follows acclaim.
Good post I must say! :)