Monday, March 28, 2011

Love, cricket and more

India vs Pakistan, Mohali, March 30, 2011,World cup 2011, Semi final.
So much is a buzz around, for the mother of all cricketing battles, that we don't need cricketing pundits and diplomats to inflate the soaring excitement. Only in this country it can happen that while the world is watching the war, the peace will be talked! Real question which remains is, "is it necessary?" Do we need to mix cricket with politics? Are we mature enough to use cricket diplomacy? Can we look into the future with better sense of history?
I generally don't put my foot into the current hot topics of discussion. Not with the fear of lack knowledge, but with the sense of shelling penny in the wealth of million. However today I was instigated. Almost had this rush of adrenalin, by the one word used again and again on to the group talk show hosted by Barkha Dutt: jingoism. Do we really mean it? Is media inflating it out of proportion? I don't want to start the debate here, there have been enough forums and discussion panels to chew this issue. As a true cricket lover all that I feel is "the heat is already on, stakes are high, media is wild and I have prayers on my mind. This is one of the many times I repent being in USA. (inset picture: email to my boss seeking holiday)
               

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

zakas

Anonymous said...

Mast re

Anonymous said...

Bhadya...Diplomacy che funde maraychi kahi garaj navti...

Abhijit Padmakar Jadhav said...

3rd bhadya jo pan aahe tyani jara samor yaave.. (himmat asel tar :D)