Friday, November 7, 2008

Mama I'm coming home!!!!

Times have changed and times are strange
Here I come but I ain't the same.....
Mama I'm coming home...........

Finally most awaited thing has happened....
I asked my boss today for a vacation....man tell you what...this was the most difficult thing in my PhD so far in one and half year... No qualifiers, no course exams, no presentations were as difficult to face as this was..
Worst thing is that, now I feel it was easy and I was scared for nothing...
This is how it went
me: Doctor, I want to talk to you about coming vacation...
Doc: yes...
Me: This has been a busy semester for me... ("busy" word did not come well from me...)
Doc: this semester is what for you?
Me: This was a busy sem for me...
Doc: Yes, I know that.... So??
Me: Urrrr...ahhh...I want to go back to India...
(looked at me for a while...without saying a word...
I was so restless....we were actually walking into the lab from outside..I fumbled for few moments with key while opening the lock...a lock which I can open with my closed eyes, even in sleep otherwise)
I told her that my mother is missing me too much...

Doc: so when do you want to go?
Me: My plan is.....
Doc: your "PLAN"?
Me: I mean.. I was thinking....
Doc: Ha ha ha...I am just teasing you... go ahead...book the tickets....
I could not believe my ears...

About one and half month left....
I have to finish writing my proposal by 5th December, finish my finals my 17th December, prepare for presentation and finally defend it on 22~23 December plus few extra work here and there...
Thats it...and I will be ready to pack my bags for 24~25th December!!!!