Monday, January 17, 2011

Play and the novel

I asked Carolyn to give me something to read while on a flight back to Mumbai. She teased me of being nerd, but I convinced her how important it is to carry book while travelling. (I admit..that was just to create impression on fellow passengers ;)) She gave me her favorite Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. This post is not about the great book and its philosophy, but about the strange coincidence.

Being a theater lover I always look out for good plays around the town. However with the changing circumstances I had not got chance to experience any of them for last 4-5 years. This year I had decided to watch at least one while in town. So I asked my friend to book tickets for the nearest theater on  one evening. That day the only thing I looked for besides name of the play, was the lead actors.



with the lead actor Atul Parchure

Was very much excited by the names Dilip Prabhawalkar, Atul Parchure. Presence of theater atmosphere, wings, bells, stage, lights.. just sets me on.. Wah!! Guru!

Third bell rang, and the familiar voice of Prabhawalkar sir made an announcement "Presenting Wah! Guru! a play based on Mitch Albom's novel Tuesdays with Morrie!!!

I froze in my chair for couple of seconds... Is it a message for me??

2 comments:

Sihaya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn said...

hah. crazy world we live in, hm?
"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous." :)