Monday, September 21, 2009

Dinner at SukhoThai




I started my new teaching role as a tutor from yesterday. I am actually liking it!! 
For two years I was just teaching organic chemistry lab but for the first time I taught actual coursework. It is much more fun than I had thought. I just fear I will not change my mind of not going into academics!! 
Day went well. Spent sometime in lab after teaching. 
I am actually having a terrible headache since morning. But I was charged up after my teaching so could spent some more time working. 
One friend sent a message that "we (my group of friends) are going for dinner at 'SukhoThai' so be ready by 8" 
How pathetic I am? .. first thing I remembered after hearing SukhoThai was.. "imaginary date.. which never came into reality".
This is the story behind it. 
Around four months back... after my award ceremony, I went with all my friends to this Thai restaurant on central avenue. Such a lovely food!!! 
What I liked most was "Fried Ice cream"!! Sounds crazy right?? 
Yes.. they actually fry ice cream in oil!!! I don't know the recipe.. but it was awesome!!! 
That night when I was talking to her..and telling her about award ceremony and everything .. I mentioned to her about this Thai place.. somewhere I made a note to myself.. whenever she will come to Albany or whenever we will go on a first date and if it is in Albany.. I will take her to SukhoThai.. of course we will have "Fried Ice Cream"!!!
Sounds stupidly romantic .. right??? 
But I am somehow.. living with this memories which haunt me from nowhere!! (Even though my trust is getting hurt with each passing day)
P.S.
Just as a note.. today we actually went to SukhoThai on Lark street and they didn't had fried ice cream! (We had this weird green tea ice cream!! and I haven't made any notes to myself this time :P)

No comments: