A day ago I was talking about behaving insane. In one such mood, I thought to call one of my childhood friend, with whom I have lost contact for last two years due to some stupid misunderstandings. I made my mind, called my other friend to get her phone number. My friend was so much happy to give me her phone number as she was trying to convenience me for past two years to patch up our misunderstanding.
I was thrilled and at the same time was bit upset. I wasn't sure if she will pick my phone. It might be her working hour. She might be busy. Against all these thoughts I decided to call her.
Hello.. is it Aparna? I asked her.. "yes.." she replied.. with that hidden smile in her voice!! So much familiar.. I felt good.. "This is Abhijit".. I was expecting her to be surprised.. I thought she will say.. "ohhhh.. where have you been?... why you didn't call me for so long?.... why you didn't see me.. when you were in India last time????
Nothing of these happened.....
She coldly replied.. "how are you?"
I said.. "after long time right..?" she said.. "ya many days.." I said.. "actually years.. "
After a moment of silence.. I asked her about her family and about her life.. She said.. "I am getting engaged this December.. and will get married in July!!!" I said wow!! Congratulations!!!!
I could sense our conversation simply getting dragged for the sake of formality..
I asked her about our other friends.. and she simply ignored that topic saying.. "she is not at all in contact with other people.." Somewhere suggesting, I don't belong to that group of people anymore and I don’t care!
I was badly hurt!!
I have seen people changing through time. Seen rich getting richer and richer getting richest..!
I never thought this tiny little, pony tailed friend of mine will get that air around her..
Why do people change so much? What makes them change so much? Money ???? Is that all world cares about?
“Friends always told me that you have changed.. changed so much that you don’t even talk to them.. I never believed them.. I always thought it was just misunderstanding between us, which makes you out of our group. But you proved me wrong… why you changed so much??"
No comments:
Post a Comment