8.02 am
Phone gave alert for email.
Dr. Musah: check for some papers on your desk. Set meeting to discuss this new idea that I have which can form part of your project.
Yeah, what a nice start for a day. I like this. All smiles :)
10 am
Entering department from physics side.
A guy and a girl were talking and were walking behind me.
Girl: I was f*** up!! That was f***** terrible. I was pissed. F***!!! f***!!
I just turned back, in fact with the intention to see if any one was there behind me so that I can hold door.. But somehow I stared in her eyes .. It was all coincidental ...
She felt embarresed and said "I am sorry"...
I didn't mean anything.. But I said it's ok (with the tone of authority :p)
10.30 am
Meeting with Dr. Musah
Dr. M: "So I think this is what our strength is.. and if we couple this to your project it will make that collaboration easy!!"
It may not make much sense to you my dear readers, but thats great news for me!! So cheer for me folks!
~3.00 pm
I was already tired and wanted a shot of caffeine!! (It was just one more excuse to escape lab and be at my favorite place in campus!! yes my Corner Cafe!)
Hallway on second floor.
I saw a familiar face walking near me. Oh, yeah it was Carolyn!!! I think I saw her after probably 6 months. Definitely after a long while. But.. she is the one who is a regular visitor of this blog and she doesn't just read it, she actually puts her comments. So to say it wasn't that I was seeing her after long time, I am constantly in touch with her through mails, or comments. It was just that I met her in person after a long time.
(I know you will read this post, Carolyn. so let me just directly address you)
I was so much glad to see you.. it was like seeing the "actual face" behind those valuable comments!! You gave me a smile that lasted with the coffee!!
7.00 pm
Let me give some background here. I am working on some problem which is troubling me and taking most of my time since last one month or so. I am using a particular machine which is behaving as if it is haunted!!!! Yes I mean it!!! But... but.. there is some science behind it.. its haunted behavior is not random.. it occurs with some repeatability, with some definite pattern!! So there you go.. there we see some logic behind it!! But... .. "If I will try to analyze it.. there is nothing!!!"
I described this to my professor yesterday.. and she told me this phenomenon which is I never even imagined would exist. She said, "those peaks are called Ghost Peaks!! They occur but without clearly knowing why.. and if you will try to figure out where they are coming from .. you can't trace them in your sample!!! (Those who know little bit chemistry.. we are talking about HPLC .. and different peaks there)
I was amazed. Today morning actually I read more about them. I wanted to eliminate the possibility of this ghost peaks, so I did some experiments which showed they probably are not!!
So here I am now....playing again with that haunted machine!! tell you what!!! GHOST DISAPPEARED!!! This disappearance of ghost is making lot of sense! things which were puzzling before may unfold themselves!!!
Pray for me folks!!
Before closing this post.. quick note.. I am little bit down with fever.. nah.. its not something serious.. just too much stressed.. but hopefully will come back tomorrow with more cheerful post and more smile :)
1 comment:
I'm honored that I was able to pass on a smile...we'll have to do those chance meetings more often. :)
cheers to discovering "ghost peaks" and making progress!
Post a Comment