10 am:
I just entered into the department.
Prof. Hauser: Ohhhh!!! I see this big smile on your face!! Whats up!! I should come to your lab.. something cooking there.. ahh.. !
Me: Ha ha.. no no.. nothing...
12.15 pm:
I was going to life sciences building.
Dimitri: Hey man! How are you.. !! why you smiling so much?? Anything new with "that" girl!
Me: He he he.. !! No.. not really.. everything is fine.. alright (and pretty much same ;))
2.30 pm:
Middle of RNA class. Dr. Carla was teaching basics of RNA world. My eyes starting to close intermittently.
Dr. Alain: Who is feeling sleepy.. ?? Do we need a break..
I raise my hand!! (we have this cool fun class.. so my raising hand on that question is taken as a joke.. :D)
Dr. Carla: (with grin on her face) I know your boss, so you can not sleep..
Me: Ya.. you are on my committee as well.. so ya.. I am not sleepy .. :P
Dr. Carla: Yes I am on your Thesis committee.. but I know you are not sleeping!!
Everyone starts to laugh...
5.30 pm
Meeting with Dr. Musah.
Me: We should have this collaboration. But I don't want us to be at their mercy. Right now the situation is, they have everything we want to do.. and they are powerful party... and we definitely need them.. but I want us to present them in such a way that they should see some benefit in this collaboration....As much as we need them.. they should also need us.. "Then only relation works!!!!!"
Dr. Musah: ??????????
I burst out laughing.... so does Dr. Musah.. .for next 5 minutes we just could not get back to our serious discussion! Finally Dr. Musah.. patted on my shoulder with all that motherly love.... and said.. "lets get back to work !!!"
I guess she knew.. what I was saying..
7.00 pm
Still in a meeting with Dr. Musah. Having explained her my situation of the project which is refusing to go anywhere. Failure is not an obstruction .. but lack of resources, expertise, skills, and direction are challenging my capability to accomplish the given task. It is like being in a closed room with a piano and without a formal background of music and asked to produce a melodious song. With other detailed reasonings and counter reasonings, she came to advice that.. "you are doing perfectly fine! This is very much common in the areas of interdisciplinary research.. I will still say.. be in this state of confusion for some more time.. and one day you yourself will come out of it..... Knowing you for now more than two years,.. I know that "you don't like to be in a state of limbo!!"
1 comment:
heh, I enjoyed this post. the thought of you almost falling asleep in class made me laugh, and the comparison to a room with a piano made me smile. :)
I'm glad I finally saw you in the chem building today!
Post a Comment